Name: Hannah Johnson
Semester: Liberal Arts Fall 2012
School: University of Iowa
So I have decided that I am far better at blogging when I have something specific to write for, like Monday Morning Sunsets. So I have decided to make Fridays Top Ten days. What better way to end the week right?! So this week I thought we would start with the top ten things that I love, so far about the program I am in Spain with. (Shout out to my Advisor Antonia who is in China this coming week at the CIEE conference.)
These are in no particular order
- My Advisors Antonia and Susan, who navigate all of the red tape in Spain for us so that we don´t have to and are always willing to help us out.
- Living with a spanish family. My family is crazy and I love them, they made Spain feel like home and tirelessly help me with my spanish.
- My program is tiny. It makes it easier to not get lost in the comfort of home and means that I have more friends from Europe than the states.
- Small class sizes. The classes with CIEE have all been pre-aproved by my university and are with the other (4!) students in my program. This is especially awesome in my spanish class where we go at the pace of the students.
- Excursions. Some days an excursion to some part of Mallorca sounds like the worst thing in the world, until you get there. I have explored far more of the island, often with private tours of cool places, than I ever would have without their assistance. Plus, all of the excursions are free.
- Major 3 day vacation included. This semester we spent three days in Madrid. Every thing we did, except the extras at night, were paid for and navigated by CIEE. It was a great way to see the city and it is included in the cost of the program.
- It is cheaper that at home. This is my last comment on money, but you cannot deny that it is nice paying less to study in Spain than to pay out-of-state tuition in Iowa. Plus all Iowa students get a special automatic scholarship in Palma. (Free MONEY!)
- Application assistance. Any time I had a question there was someone to answer it and they always remember the questions I had asked in the past, so there was never any confusion. (I don´t care if a computer is the reason for this, it is still awesome)
- I get to pay my school directly. That is awesome.
- All the plans we still have for the next 10 months. I am so excited I can hardly wait and I know CIEE will make it awesome
Visit CIEE Palma de Mallorca facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/155911482876 & blog: http://study-palma-all.ciee.org
And our official websites: